Wednesday, June 8, 2011

GIT YORE TREE OFFA MY PROPERTY

This is a classic case of "cutting your tree off to spite your view". I have seen this more times than I'd care to think about. Here's my story about what happened here. Property owner on left didn't like the limbs, duff and shade impacting their yard. So maybe the owner of the tree refused to pay for removal or pruning. The neighbor on the left decided to take control so the tree was sheared back to the property line. It's legal. Property owner's have possession of the airspace above their property so cutting all the limbs over their property is part of that ownership. However I have found at least two problems come into play. Even though there is nothing initially illegal about doing this type of pruning a second issue comes into play. If the tree dies or falls onto the owner's property and causes damage the "legal" pruning becomes a problem. The final insult is that the people that live on the property on the left have to look at a very ugly and unnatural tree appearance. I would advise not doing this although it happens quite often.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog

Followers

Who sez so?

My photo
I am a very shy introverted photographer. My psycho-therapist says that I may be able to come out of my shell almost any time now.

TOTAL PAGEVIEWS