Sunday, June 12, 2011

A STAND OF STUB CUTS

This one was a real shocker. I was on my way to my favorite eatery when I gasped at the sight of what happened to these trees! I immediately pulled over and took out my camera and tripod. I could not pass up the opportunity to capture this brutalization someone called pruning. I examined the large bole cuts and found no evidence of rot or disease. The trees were quite healthy. They were Acacias! Hardy species.
As I set up, two little girls walked into the photo to be a part of it. I guess they just wanted their photo taken. One of them finally asked why I was taking the photograph. I explained that I thought the trees had been badly mistreated and they agreed. Said they didn't like it when it was happening.  
The entire grove was subsequently removed but not until it stood for a couple of months along one of the busiest streets in town. There has been no subsequent replacement of any of the trees. I wonder why they were removed.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog

Followers

Who sez so?

My photo
I am a very shy introverted photographer. My psycho-therapist says that I may be able to come out of my shell almost any time now.

TOTAL PAGEVIEWS